Discover the magic and myth of Myanmar on a nine-day journey through some of its very best sights. Bookend your adventure in beautiful Yangon, where the golden Shwedagon Pagoda glitters in the sunset, and experience the many facets of Myanmar’s heart and soul in between – tranquil temples, home-cooked cuisine, grassroots culinary wizardry, floating lake islands and the local handmade industry. Many modes of transport, from plane to bike to canoe, make for a convenient, exhilarating and authentic adventure across this enchanting land, as you discover a country that embodies the South East Asia of twenty years ago.
- Bagan – Temple bike tour
- Bagan – Local cooking class
- Mandalay – Shwenandaw Teak Monastery
- Mandalay – Boat trip to Mingun
- Mandalay – U Bein Bridge
- Meikhtila Village – Community Based Tourism Visit
- Meikhtila Village – Community Based Tourism Lunch
- Inle Lake – Boat trip & village tour
- Inle Lake – Canoe tour
- Yangon – Shwedagon Pagoda and Oil Lamp Lighting
- Spend an afternoon touring the temple town of Bagan by bicycle. This is a fantastic way to see the thousands of spectacular temples, stupas and pagodas.
- Join a homegrown master of Burmese cuisine as you stock up on market ingredients, cook up a storm in a cooking class, then feast on the results – all the while supporting a community library initiative.
- Enjoy an action-packed activity schedule in Mandalay. Visit the magnificent Mandalay Palace, tour a local village and monastery, and discover the hill-top pagodas of Sagaing.
- Explore Inle Lake on a peaceful canoe trip, followed by a boat tour of its floating islands and local village industries.
- Be dazzled by Shwedagon Pagoda at sunset. Myanmar’s religious crown jewel comes alive in the dusk, with thousands of glittering diamonds on its golden stupa.